Zesty coconut balls
Whilst it might sound like a suggestive high school nickname, zesty coconut balls are a top-shelf treat. These little babies are tasty, quick, and will take over your life.
|Prep time: 20 mins
||Cook time: 0 mins
||Total time: 20 mins
|Makes about 12 golf ball sized treats
- 1 1/2 cups pitted dates
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut
- 30ml lime juice
- Add the almonds and cashews to a food processor.
- Pulse until all nuts are finely chopped without any large chunks.
- Add the dates and lime juice and continue pulsing until the mixture
Sweet potato brownies
Brownies: probably the best thing in the world. Just a shame they are loaded with all kinds of disastrous ingredients that will ruin our lives. Or so we thought…
Ingredients for sweet potato brownies
We test drove these on some colleagues and they absolutely loved them. When we told them what was in them, they freaked out:
- 4 eggs
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 cup of cold sweet potato puree
- To make sweet potato puree, peel, dice, and boil sweet potato until it is soft enough to mash easily
- ½ cup unsweetened apple sauce
- ½ cup cacao powder
- ½ cup raw
Maple Strawberry Chia Seed Pudding
Everyone loves a treat, but finding one that is made from natural, healthy ingredients that actually taste like a treat can be tricky. But we came up with a beauty!
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 cup plain natural yoghurt
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon natural vanilla extract
- Pinch of Himalayan salt
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- ¼ cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 container of strawberries washed and chopped
- In a medium bowl whisk together the almond milk, yoghurt, maple syrup, vanilla, and salt until combined.
- Whisk in chia seeds and let stand for 30 minutes at room
Simply delicious paleo ANZAC biscuits
This paleo ANZAC biscuits recipe is not only delicious, but takes no time at all to prepare and execute! You can go from unprepared-to-eating in under 45 minutes!
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 cup flaked or slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup macadamia nut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarb
- 2 tablespoon water
- Mix the almond meal, the almonds, and the coconut together in a large bowl.
- Combine the oil and honey in a small saucepan and heat on a very low heat.
- Mix the bicarb and water together and combine with the honey and
Paleo Coconut Ice Cream
There are three things you never discuss at a dinner party: politics, religion, and paleo. But in this case, our paleo ice cream will make the dinner party, so shout it from the rooftops!
- 1 can of full-fat coconut milk
- 2 eggs (for a richer flavour, double the eggs but only use the yolks)
- Vanilla: 3 – 4 tablespoons of real vanilla extract or seeds from two vanilla beans
The ice cream itself will already have a coconut/vanilla flavour to it but if you wish to add further variety, consider throwing in some berries, crushed nuts, …