|Prep time: 20 mins||Cook time: 0 mins||Total time: 20 mins|
|Makes about 2 litres|
When it’s a thousand degrees outside and you can’t possibly drink any more water, consider having a dash at our orange, strawberry, and mint green tea cocktail. It’s refreshing, different, and comes with all the benefits of green tea.
- Green tea (enough to brew up just under 2 litres)
- Two oranges
- Two strawberries, halved
- Three mint leaves
- Ice cubes
- Using whichever green tea you fancy, brew up enough to almost fill a two litre jug.
- Cut one orange in half, and from one side, cut a single neat slice, and cut the slice in half.
- Squeeze the juice from the remaining orange halves, and the second orange, and add the juice to the tea.
- In a tall glass, add strawberries, the orange slice, and mint leaves.
- Give the ingredients in the glass a light press with a cocktail muddler (if you have one) or just use a long spoon. The idea is to break the surface of the ingredients, not mash them up.
- Add ice and fill with the tea mix.
- Give the mixture a light stir and enjoy. The colder the better.
This was discovered by accident, but it is delicious and ideal for a burning weekend afternoon.