Pizza is the best thing in the history of everything. Fact. But that doesn’t mean it has to be an unhealthy option in your dietary regime. This quinoa (pronounced keen-wah, not queen-oh) pizza base is a peach and is extremely easy to create. Note that the quinoa needs soaking overnight, so plan ahead.
Quinoa pizza base ingredients
- 1 cup of quinoa
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons chilli powder or mixed herbs (optional – we found that on its own, the quinoa base can be a little bland)
Make it happen
- Rinse the quinoa thoroughly and then place in a bowl to soak overnight. Fill the bowl with water until it is about 1 cm above the top of the quinoa.
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees C.
- Drain the quinoa and rinse thoroughly.
- Place the quinoa, the water, the baking powder, and the chilli into a food processor. Process until consistent.
- Line a pizza pan (or a baking tray will work too) with baking paper. Smear the olive oil onto the baking paper completely covering it.
- Pour the quinoa mix into the pizza tray and smooth out evenly. Thinner bases work best.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Flip over and add your preferred toppings.
- Bake for another 10 minutes or until your toppings have cooked through.
The quinoa pizza base is a really simple addition to include in your recipe cycle. Experiment with a few herbs and spices to get the taste right, but it’s certainly a winner if you are partial to the greatest food type ever created.